Monday, February 8, 2010

A visitor in our mailbox

Miss V went out this afternoon to check our mailbox, and came back with an unusual envelope.

I opened it up, and a little flat girl with a big cheery smile popped out! Who could she be? She looked just like the Love Magnet, my dear friend Carrie's little girl.

Hmm, perhaps the letter that came with her would explain more. Here's what it said:

My class is involved in a very fun and exciting project based on the book Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown. In the book, a bulletin board falls on Stanley and leaves him just 1/2 inch thick. This allows his parents to 'mail' him to visit family that lives far away. Just like Stanley, I would like to visit with you. I have mailed 'myself' for a visit. While I am visiting, please take me around your community and take a picture with me there. If you prefer, you may send a small souvenir with me instead. Write all about our adventures together. Please return me to the school so I can let all of the other students know where I've been. I'll share all the details of my fabulous trip with the class so they can learn about other parts of the world.


Well, this sounded like fun! We live in a well-known town just outside Seattle, Washington, and there are LOTS of interesting places to visit here.

In the next little while we will take the Flat Love Magnet to some of our favorite places, and post our experiences here. We hope you'll have fun following along with us and reading about her adventures.

2 comments:

  1. So glad it made it to The Pirate King. Eagerly looking forward to the next installment.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered what the Flat Love Magnet was doing lately. Last year she went with me to Paris and we had a great time. We ate French hot chocolate and many pasteries. We went to the Eiffel tower and many other places. She is a lot of fun and made us laugh alot. Can't wait to hear what adventures she has with you.

    ReplyDelete

NOTE: This blog will be read by a class of first graders. Please be considerate of your audience when composing your comment. Any comments deemed inappropriate will not be posted.